07 October 2007

25 Years Learning to Love...

Last night I attended my 25th college reunion. The dinner was held in the hall where all of us had gathered for orientation upon our arrival on campus as new students and where many of us had lived during our freshman year. (Yeah, Page!!) However, this evening there were approximately 60 of us "40-somethings" getting reacquainted and reminiscing for hours.


I almost didn't make it. (See earlier blog--True and the Truth). Now the process that brought me back to my Alma Mater was reaffirmed as one after another of my fellow alumni stated in their own way--"It's all about relationships."


That is what we have all been called to in the two greatest commandments--love God and love your neighbor. May these next 25 years allow me to understand and reflect even more these principles as a natural part of my life.

No comments: